Almost 100% that I have Vitiligo

Hello, I am new to the forum.  I came here seeking support and maybe a few tips and pointers.  I discovered that I had lost pigmentation in my lower gential and anal region when I went to my ob-gyn.  Needless to say I was shocked and devistated.  I know it seems weird that I had not previously discovered the white patches.  My ob thinks that it is V and after checking with family members it does run in the family and so does lupus.  Im scheduled to meet with my dermatologist on the 11th.  The wait is killing me, but I am pretty sure that I have it.

You need to be a member of Vitiligo Friends to add comments!

Join Vitiligo Friends

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi,

I too have these white patches on my labia and anal region.  My bf told me and I too was shocked.  I ran to the bathroom to check and sure enough...white patches.  I am in a committed relationship and have been for 14 years, but I can imagine that if I was to be with another guy, I would be utterly mortified when he discovered these patches. 

But I am older and more mature now and able to relax and appreciate a good cunnilingus regardless. ;)

You know, some vitiligo sufferers and have it much worse. 

• Thanks Chrissy. Luckily I'm married, so I don't have to deal with dating. I'm blessed to not have any more breakouts thus far. 

• If it is confirmed, stop eating animal protein. And read my blog (http://yenieta.com/healthy) for more info. Good luck and don't panic. It is just a color change!

• Whatever happens, Friends will help you.
  • Thanks I'm trying not to panic but a lot of factors are leading toWards it bEing a positive diagnosis.
  • Welcome.

Don't panic. Wait and see.

In case you have it,  there are a lot of treatments available that help a lot.

Good luck.

This reply was deleted.